INFANT FEEDING CONSULTATIONS
Amy & Mindy live in beautiful southern Idaho. They are international, professional speakers, and also provide local and telepractice consults for breast and bottle-feeding clients.
Their combined expertise of an IBCLC and SLP bring a unique and informed perspective in helping families, and providing complimentary care alongside the health care team as needed.
Reasons for a breastfeeding consult
If you are experiencing any of the following, please schedule a consult right away to protect your milk supply. The sooner you get help, the less time it takes to resolve the problem.
- Pain while breastfeeding
- Your baby was discharged feeding with a cup or syringe
- Bottle supplementation is necessary for baby’s weight gain
- Baby latches on and falls asleep
- Baby “eats” all the time, mouthing the breast without a lot of swallowing
- Your baby isn’t having enough poopy diapers (1 poop per day of life up to 4-5 days; more is okay) or poop isn’t yellow after day 5
- Your baby gains less than 5.5 ounces per week.
Reasons for a bottle-feeding consult
If you are a breastfeeding mom who also wants to introduce a bottle or pacifier, we will
- Help you select a bottle or pacifier uniquely suited to your baby’s suck
- Teach you how to use a bottle or pacifier in a way that is supportive of your breastfeeding goals
- Answer your questions about pumping, milk storage, and/or returning to work or school
If you are exclusively bottle-feeding and your baby isn’t feeding well with the bottle, schedule a consult if your baby
- Leaks milk around his/her mouth
- Is overwhelmed with flow
- Bottle-feeds for more than 15 minutes
- Refuses the bottle or cries while feeding
- Has poor weight gain